A history of service

The Shaker Road-Loudonville Fire Department was formally organized in 1932 when thirty members met at original station was located at 526 Albany Shaker Road at the site of an old Sunday School House. A newer station was constructed up the road in 1949 and remained the main station until 1989 when the current station was constructed at 550 Albany Shaker Road. A second station was built on Old Niskayuna Road in 1972.

Proudly serving Loudonville
and beyond day and night

Today SRLFD is a combination department with weekday paid firefighters to bolster our response as well as perform building maintenance and the remainder of the time covered by dedicated volunteers as well as in-station night time volunteer crews to provide rapid emergency response at all hours.

This is where you come in. Residents of Loudonville are encouraged to be part of our mission and volunteer today!

SRLFD's district covers from the Albany, New York city limits at the southern district border to the north, covering much of Albany International Airport. It goes east to west from Menands, New York to the borders of the Fuller Road Fire Department Protection District and the West Albany Fire Department District. Locations that are inside SRLFD's district are Loudonville, Newtonville, and Latham.

Our 2021 Officers

Line Officers:
Chief: Patrick O’Connor
Deputy Chief: Jason Geary
Assistant Chief: Dominick DiBenedetto
Captain: Phyllis Rinella
Captain: Tyges Besch
Captain: TBA
Lieutenant: Michael Mittler
Lieutenant: Shaun Leonardo
Lieutenant: Michael Berry
Lieutenant: TBA

Fire Police Officers:
Fire Police Captain: Donna Palaszynski
Fire Police Lt: Kathie Wood-Campion
Fire Police Sergeant: Tim Bell
Fire Police Sgt.: Art Bowen

Civil Officers:
President: Nathan Czamara
Vice President: Thomas DeFelice
Recording Secretary: Kathie Wood-Campion
Financial Secretary: Dave Mesick
Treasurer: Bob Stevens

Board of Directors:
Director: John Brizzell
Director: George Brizzell
Director: Ben Stott
Director: Chip Heinbach
Director: TBA